Pedestrian traffic on the street, Lahore - 1946.
Kabul River, Peshawar - 1878.
Church at Gujranwala in Punjab from the Brandreth Collection, 1865.
Gujranwala was an important city for Sikhs it was the birthplace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the home of his father, Mahan Singh and grandfather, Charan Singh. Ranjit Singh [1780-1839], known as the 'Lion of the Punjab' was one of the most celebrated rulers in India, he persuaded rival Sikh chieftans to unite forming the first Sikh Kingdom of Punjab.
Lord Mayo's party taken in Peshawar Bazaar and one of the series of views by Baker & Burke illustrating his visit to the city in 1870, whilst travelling through the North West Frontier Province.
Jahangir's Tomb, Shahadara - 1849.
Old Bungalow in Lahore from the 'Bellew Collection: Photograph album of Surgeon-General Henry Walter Bellew' taken by an unknown photographer c.1870.
In the background of the photograph we can see the cupolas of the Punjabi Library.
Kwetta - The military station was designed by Sir Hugh Barnes in 1881 and laid out on systematic lines of which broad axial roads were a predominant feature.
Wazir Khan's Mosque in Lahore - 1880.
Government Primary School, Jhang, 1890s.
Captain Mackenzie's house at Abbottabad.
Abbottabad was founded in 1853 by Major James Abbott, the first Deputy Commissioner of the Hazara District [1847-53].
Punjabi Public Library in Lahore from the 'Bellew Collection, 1870'.
Murree Brewery - 1860.
Ranjit Singh Tomb, Lahore - 1863.
Sikhs walking beside two-wheeled, horse-drawn wagon on a busy city street, Lahore - September 1946.
Kurrachee [Karachi], Harbor - 1860.
Ziarat - 1881.
Saddar Bazar, Rawalpindi - 1910.
Town Hall, Quetta before 1935 Earthquake.
GT Road, Peshawar Fort and surroundings from Jail - 1878.
River Kabul and Fort Attock, near Nowshera -1860s
Temple at Hurripore [Hazara District]
Small shrine at Haripur, North West Frontier Province, taken by an unknown photographer in the 1860s. This temple has two cat-like stone figures guarding the steps. The town of Haripur was founded in 1822 by Sardar Hari Singh, the Sikh Governor of Hazara. It became the headquarters of the Haripur tehsil of the Hazara District after annexation. However, it was abandoned in favour of Abbottabad in 1853.
Just one month before the Partition was announced.
The Modern Pakistan of July 1947.